Black Lagoon Reviews is happy to take requests for reviews of both ARCs and already released titles from authors, publishers, or publicists. As my time is limited at the moment I am being extremely selective of books that I am accepting at this time. Special considertaion will be made for publicists and authors that I have worked with before.
I regret to say that I am no longer able to respond to each individual review request. If you don't hear back from me in a week, it is fair assumption that I am not interested in reviewing the title. However, delays do occur and I am not always able to be as quick as I would like in responding to my emails. I do check my junk/spam folders regularly to catch any emails that may be sent there by mistake.
If your work is part of a series I prefer not to read novels out of sequence. If you request a review that is part of a series I have not read, I do ask that you provide a copy of each of the previous novels. This will allow for a more effective review.
- Urban Fantasy
- Paranormal Romance
- Science Fiction
- Young Adult
To Request a Review:
Please use the contact page and select 'Review Request' to insure that your email doesn't get overlooked. When requesting a review please include:
- The Title of the Book to be Reviewed
- Author's Name
- A brief description of the book
- If you have a date that you would like to have the review posted by, please feel free to mention it when contacting me.
**Self published or 'Indie' works are accepted as well as Small Press novels.
Note: ACRS, galleys and any material received through a publisher that I have requested will be given top priority.
- Any bound book (Galley/Arc/Published novel)
- eBooks compatible with Nook: EPUB (including Non or Adobe DRM), PDB, and PDF.
At this time I am no longer able to give a definite time frame. If the novel is an ARC/galley, I will try to review it the month of its release date or shortly before its publication.
- Cover Image and Book Synopsis
- Publishing details: Author's name, publisher, series information (if applicable), ISBN and a short list of where to purchase the novel or it's expected release date. Common references include Barnes & Noble, Amazon and The Book Depository.
- In depth, unbiased review with a 1-5 Scar rating
- A Review post at GoodReads
5 out of 5 Scars-Amazing! Would recommend to everyone.
4 out of 5 Scars-Great! I really enjoyed it.
3 out of 5 Scars-Good, I liked it.