June 15, 2015

Review: Spellbinder by C.C. Hunter

Spellbinder, part of C.C. Hunter's Shadow Falls series is a must read for any fan of the series. A great addition that is a quick and entertaining read!


This novel immediately puts you in to the world of Miranda Kane and launches you on yet another adventure that is filled with the supernatural, mystery and romance. I really have to say that this novella starts with a bang and keeps on running keeping the reader enterained and engrossed. The easily moving plot grabs you and pulls you in to the characters lives, as usual, and you find yourself hating to put the book down.

Again, Hunter has a wonderful way with words and her writing style really brings to Shadow Falls world to life around you. Given, it has been a while since I have read the series, but my only complaint would be that I don't quite remember that much profanity in the the other novels. Given, I believe anyone familiar with these characters will not be surprised or put off, but beginning readers in to this world might find it to be a bit of a deterrant. For me, it was a milestone that I easily trangressed as I can't say I have never seen or spoken those things myself from time to time and I won't begrudge a character or writer for doing it either.
Overall, whether you have read this author in the past or not, this is a novella that anyone can pick up and enjoy. Chances are that if you haven't been endoctinated in to this series yet, this novella will definetly make you a fan.   My Rating: 4 out of 5 Scars!